On December 5, 2012, the Wisconsin Court of Appeals affirmed a jury’s finding that a physician’s failure to obtain informed consent (regarding a breast tissue biopsy) was not a substantial factor in causing injury to the plaintiff and a jury’s finding that the physician was not negligent in performing the biopsy. Even though the plaintiff did not file post-verdict motions with respect to the physician, she claimed that she was appealing the jury’s findings. Yet, in a footnote, the Court of Appeals recognized that the plaintiff did not challenge the verdict in favor of the physician; it therefore affirmed the dismissal of the physician. Lori Gendelman tried the case on behalf of the physician. Jason J. Franckowiak represented the physician in the Court of Appeals.
News & Updates
- Lori Gendelman Among Top 25 Women Super Lawyers in Wisconsin for 2017
- Otjen Attorney Jason Franckowiak’s SCOTUS Petition featured on SCOTUSblog
- Todd Weir Chosen Among Best Lawyers in America
- Todd Weir and Lori Gendelman Selected for Inclusion in Honorary List
- Jason Franckowiak Obtains Favorable Ruling in the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals